Tamaryn Green , Biography , Wikipedia , Age , Born , Parents , Boyfriend , who is the current Miss South Africa 2018 👑 Miss Universe South Africa 2018 ⭐ 6th year MBChB/medicine student at UCT ❤ Proudly South African.
Tamaryn Green , Biography , Wikipedia , Age , Born , Parents , Boyfriend
Newly crowned Miss South Africa Tamaryn Green didn’t get a wink of sleep last night because of the “excitement and adrenalin” that came with scooping the coveted crown.
Tamaryn, who is a 23-year-old medical student from Paarl in the Western Cape, beat 11 other young women when she was crowned Miss SA at the Sun Arena in Pretoria on Sunday night.
An elated Tamaryn told TshisaLIVE on Monday that she battled to find words to express the way she was feeling.
“To be honest I didn’t sleep at all because of the excitement and adrenalin, but it all hit me when I watched a video of the moment my name was called out. It all happened so fast that I didn’t have time to process the emotions, so when I watched the video I became emotional. I can’t believe that a dream I had for so long became a reality and that I am living my dream.”
The beauty queen will also represent the country at the Miss Universe pageant later this year, while runner up Thulisa Keyi walked away with the Miss World SA title and will strut her stuff at that competition.
Tamaryn walked away with a prize package worth R3-million which includes a R1-million cash prize, a swanky Sandton apartment for the year of her reign and a Nissan Qashqai.
When asked what she was going to do with all that guap, Tamaryn said she honestly didn’t have a clue.
“I actually forgot that I had won so much money and someone reminded me this morning. I have no idea what I’m going to do with it, but I want to give something back to my parents for putting me through my studies and being there.”
Before the Miss SA pageant, Tamaryn said life was all about studying and that her entire life changed the moment the crown was placed on her head.
She said she was looking forward to meeting new people and the exciting journey that lay ahead of her.
“I am passionate about children’s health and educating mothers on how to prevent child illness and diseases because it is prevalent in South Africa, so this is definitely something I will use this new platform to focus on.”
Here she is, Miss SA 2018! Tamaryn Green managed to outshine the incredible competition on Sunday and secure her place at the upcoming Miss Universe pageant.
The 23-year-old was chosen as the night’s finalist alongside Thulisa Keyi. Green’s immaculate answer to the final round question seemed to impress the judges, who deemed her worthy of the iconic tiara.
But what else is there to know about her? As it turns out, Tamaryn Green is a truly fascinating person…
Who is Tamaryn Green? Five facts on Miss SA 2018
A doctor in training
Tamaryn is currently a medical student and training to be a doctor. She’s donned the scrubs many times during her university days but might have to put things on hold for the next year or so.
The various commitments that come with being Miss SA might mean her studies come to a temporary halt. But she still feels she can use her knowledge to good effect over the last 12 months, telling the pageant her medical know-how could be used “to help South African women understand their strengths”.
No stranger to a pageant win
Okay, when you enter a beauty competition and Tamaryn is alongside you, it must be extremely disheartening. Miss SA 2018 was her eighth pageant title so far. Her biggest wins include victories at Miss New Orleans and Miss Rochester.
Practise what you preach
Before the pageant started, Green was already sharing her thoughts on what is to be expected of a beauty queen: These are the traits she holds most dearly:
“Kindness, compassion, humility and staying true to yourself is what every Miss SA should possess.”
Gifts, sponsorships and endorsements
Not bad for an evening’s work, is it? Winning Miss SA means you are lavished with the finer things in life.
Green will now be the recipient of all these goodies, as well as acting as a brand ambassador (and the face of) various products. You’re going to see a lot more of her in the next year or so and, well, that’s fine by us. Get it, girl!
- Africology product and spa services
- Bacher and Co watch and fragrance sponsorship
- blackBOX with one year’s subscription to Binge Premium Plus on black.
- Brow Bar product and services
- Cahi Dental Practice dental services and aesthetic improvements
- Call It Spring footwear
- Cell C voice and data contracts
- Ciro Coffee equipment and product
- Discovery Insure insurance and medical aid
- Edgars Mobile retail vouchers
- Exclusive Dry Cleaners services for year of reign
- Forever New fashion
- Generosity water
- Jack Friedman jewellery
- Lebelle Hair Extensions
- Lightsculpt skincare treatments and product
- Lipault Luggage luxury travel gear
- Miss SA Organisation (Sun International and Cell C) R1 million in cash and the use of an apartment
- Nissan Qashqai
- Paul Mitchell hair products and services
- Planet Fitness gym membership
- Samsung S9+, Tablet and Gear Fit Pro Red
- Shock Absorber fitness products
- Smashbox make up product and applications
- Soviet denim apparel
- USN products and clothing
- Wonderbra intimate wear
Of course, the endorsement deals are one thing. But the up-front sum of money you get for emerging victorious is simply life changing. All worries regarding her studies and financial commitments will ease thanks to the R1 million cash prize.
In fact, with all the prizes and contracts she’s won, the total package comes to about R3 million. Congratulations, Tamaryn. Let’s hope you can achieve everything your heart desires with your new-found fame!
Tamaryn Green won the 60th Miss South Africa pageant at Time Square in Pretoria on Sunday night.
The Western Cape beauty competed against 11 other contestants for the prestigious title.
She will be representing South Africa at the Miss Universe pageant at the end of the year.
Here are 10 things you need to know about the woman who was crowned Miss South Africa 2018.
1. Tamaryn Green is a doctor in training. She is a sixth year medical student at the University of Cape Town.
2. She was proudly born and raised in Paarl, and attended William Lloyd Primary School.
3. She is a fitness fanatic who lives by the motto “healthy body, healthy mind”. She regularly visits the gym and sees exercise as a way to relieve stress.
4. The 23-year-old is no stranger to the pageant world. She has competed in seven other pageants and won the titles of Miss Immanuel, Miss New Orleans, Miss Rochester and Paarl’s Miss Funky Buddha.
5. Her favourite Miss South Africa is Rolene Strauss because: “She has managed to win the Miss SA and Miss World crown, qualify as a doctor, get married and start a family. These achievements have been on my list of goals since I was a young girl.”
6. Her biggest role models are her father, who is a curriculum adviser, and mother, who is a Grade R schoolteacher.
7. She has two siblings: her 26-year-old sister is a qualified physiotherapist, while her 19-year-old brother is a second year BA student.
8. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, swimming, spending time with friends and family, as well as reading romance and drama novels.
9. Her favourite TV shows are Grey’s Anatomy and Friends, and she has a weakness for love songs.
10. As Miss South Africa, Tamaryn plans to use her medical knowledge to help and heal. She also aims to inspire and motivate South African women to overcome their challenges.