Phakamani Hadebe , Biography , Age , Born , Wife , Family , Education Qualification , This page will also include the Wikipedia Format of “Phakamani Hadebe” so without wasting of Time , Let’s get started , share this page to tell others.
Reviews : Phakamani Hadebe , Biography , Age , Born , Wife , Family , Education Qualification
Public enterprises minister Pravin Gordhan on Thursday made permanent Phakamani Hadebe’s position as Eskom CEO
Pravin Gordhan appoints Phakamani Hadebe as new Eskom boss
Phakamani Hadebe has been confirmed as CEO of Eskom‚ Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan announced at a media briefing on Thursday.
Hadebe was recommended by the Eskom board and his permanent appointment was confirmed by the Cabinet at a meeting on Wednesday.
Hadebe has been instrumental in addressing corruption and establishing good governance at the utility‚ which has helped to stabilise it.
Gordhan also announced a new board for South African Express with Tryphosa Ramano as the chairperson.
The members of the new board combine a range of skills including auditing and aviation skills.
The new board members are Ronald Lamola‚ Thulani Kgomo‚ Thandiwe January-Mclean‚ Kugan Thaver‚ Bongisizwe Mpondo‚ Hlengiwe Makhathini‚ Thabi Leoka and Ahmed Bassa.
Gordhan said SA Express has been in dire straits for some time and been crippled with malfeasance. He has put in an intervention team to investigate what is going on and to determine its technical capacities.
The interim board of directors of Transnet‚ with Popo Molefe as chairman‚ which was announced previously by Gordhan‚ has also been confirmed.
The Cabinet also approved a board for Denel with Monhla Hlahla as chairperson. These board members include Nonzukiso Siyotula‚ Mandla Mnisi‚ Nhlanhla Kunene‚ Professor Tshilidzi Marwala‚ Lt-Gen Themba Matanzima‚ Gloria Serobe‚ Talik Sadik‚ Susan Rabkin‚ Sibusiso Sibisi‚ Thamsanqa Magazi‚ Hannelie Nel‚ Gen Siphiwe Nyanda and Kabelo Lehloenya.
PROFILE: Eskom’s official CEO Phakamani Hadebe
Minister of Public Enterprises, Pravin Gordhan on Thursday announced changes to the boards of various State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs).
One particular change that stood out was the announcement of Phakamani Hadebe as the new CEO of power utility Eskom.
Here is some more information about Hadebe:
1. Phakamani Simphiwe Hadebe has a history of roles in senior management positions in both the private and public sectors.
3. Previously, he was the Chief executive Officer (CEO) Corporate and investment banking at Barclays Africa where he led the CIB client strategy for Africa.
4. Hadebe was also the CEO of the Land and Agricultural Bank, a state-owned enterprise which he managed to turn around to operate profitably over five years.
5. During 2003-2008, he spent most of his career at the National Treasury of South Africa.
6. Within the National Treasury, he served as Head of Assets and Liabilities division
7. He was responsible for government debt management and sovereign risk management and National Treasury’s oversight of all state-owned enterprises.
8. Hadebe was identified by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) as a desirable expert to assist in the following roles in the determination of: Fiscal risks vs SOEs, Sovereign borrowings vs SOE borrowings, Corporate governance of SOEs and turning around SOEs.
9. From July 2008 to January 2015, he served as the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa.
10. Since January 20, 2018, he was the acting Group Chief Executive of Eskom Holdings SOC Limited and served as its Director.
11. Hadebe holds an MA in Economics (UDW), an MA in Rural Development (University of Sussex, England).
12. He was also apart of an Executive Leadership Programme at Wharton Business School and completed Financial Programming at IMF Institute.